Thursday, December 2, 2010

Realizations

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." Matthew 5 : 6


During Lectio Divina we listened to God; for a topic, a phase, maybe even just one word that spoke to us.  This verse spoke to me, especially the word filled.  Lately I feel like I've been filling my life with everything and anything that I shouldn't.  Things that are not worth my time or effort and things that are separating me from God.  I want to hunger after Him again.

My relationship with God is very off again, on again.  I go through phases where I feel like I can't learn enough about God and I am so filled with joy. But I also have phases where I am focused on other things.  Life gets busy and I don't have enough time, so I don't spend time with God.  In this phase I feel unsatisfied.  I'm constantly tired and don't have energy to continue.  I just don't feel like I'm getting any extra help or joy.

The phase I am going through right now is different than both.  I am easily distracted by life.  I have energy to do stuff, I just choose not to. I'm filling my life with distractions that aren't moving me forward and I realized that on Tuesday.  It has been a couple day's since then and I haven't really gained any focus or motivation to fill my life with positive things, but writing this all down has made things more clear.  I just need to spend some more time in prayer.

I know that Tuesday night revealed things to some people and I think that it's important to share that.  I always get so encouraged hearing how God is moving in someone's life.

So went stood out to you?  A realization that you need to change?  Or a challenge God gave you?  You don't need to write out a full story if you feel uncomfortable, even though I do believe writing it down is therapeutic, but at least share the verse or word that made an impact for you.  And I know that sharing something personal can be tough, but at least post anonymously. You don't know if there is anyone else going through the same thing you are that needs to hear what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment