Monday, November 8, 2010

Making a Difference

Last weekend we did Trick-Or-Canning and what an amazing turn-out! I hope you guys are proud of yourselves because my basement is currently full of food.  But there is still more we can do.  We will be collecting cans and money at large group until we actually build our Castle of Cans on the 18th.

I don't know about you guys but I struggle with being a greedy and selfish person, and one way that I have found to help myself become more generous is to force myself to give.  Not to wait to give until I feel like I have enough money or time, but to give when it hurts.  Give money when I have little, give time when I'm busy.  So I urge you to give.  Give food or money at large group, or give time by volunteering later this month with the Castle of Cans. But if you decide to help by volunteering instead of donating, don't forget! You may not know how busy you will be later this month, but make volunteering a priority.

Talk to your roommates and friends and lets collect enough cans to make the biggest castle out there!  But also to feed as many people as possible.  And be praying about the best way you can give.  Making a difference seems daunting, but it just takes a group of people doing little things.  Let's be that group of people!

P.S.  The commenting format has changed!  Now it is easier to reply to specific comments.  You don't need to put in an email or website, all it requires is a name.  Your name can be anything you choose, a favorite nickname, something fun and random, or even Anonymous.  So comment lots!!  Go back to previous posts and see if there are any comments that you would like to respond too.  I want Burning Embers to be a place for personal reflection, but also a place for us to discuss different thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment